Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Phenomenal Popcorn

 
Spicy Curry Popcorn
 
you will need:
 popcorn kernels
oil
a small brown paper bag
a microwave
 curry seasoning
 hot sauce
salt
 
Throw 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels into a small paper bag (such as the kind that are wrapped around a wine bottle). Pour 2 teaspoons of oil into the bag and shake. Curl the top of the bag up and cook in the microwave for around 3 minutes, or until the popping noises are two minutes apart. Once the popcorn is cooked, add curry powder, salt, and sriracha. Shake the bag and then serve in a bowl. A cold beer makes the perfect accompaniment.
 
 
In other news, the delightful Botanical Knits book came in, written by Alana Dakos of Never Not Knitting. These patterns are so beautiful and I cannot wait to start knitting a few of them. I've had the ecopy for a few months now, but nothing compares to holding a well-made book. The little extras that Alana threw in are really sweet: some cute leafy stickers and a lovely printed hat pattern.
 
Also....I finally broke down and started knitting the Beekeeper's Quilt. This is such a fun project. And, though I completely recognize the insanity of this venture, I have decided to knit a 7 foot by 7 foot quilt...I know... But, I am fully prepared for this quilt to take several years to complete. I am hoping this will make a family heirloom or something. Mostly this decision stems from the fact that I think blankets are less versatile if they don't fit on a bed. And, rather than do the sensible and economical thing by making the quilt out of various sock yarn scraps, I am sticking to a very strict color theme. You can see my project here.
 
 
So far I have 20 little knitted hexipuffs. And here they are having a party:
 
 
 
So, as you can see, I have my hands full. Which is nice because I am about to have some time off for the summer. I don't think I have any other knits to work on, besides socks, so everything is portable and light- perfect for the sweltering weather we are having.


No comments:

Post a Comment